2012 octobre 11
There were 9 trainees in this PloneConf Diazo session. Half of them were brand new on Diazo and the second half already used it for at least one theme.
- Every find Diazo 1.0 cool with its new styles editor.
- If you want to be comfortable with all the editor’s features you should use a 30-inch display (especially with the introsception panel).
- To be able to import a Zip file from any free CSS templates site is awesome with a bemol: the Zip file must have a directory at first level with all content inside if you don’t have a weird error message displayed.
- Shortcuts in the editor are working everywhere but are not documented; may we need a side panel with general documentation.
- In the inspector panel, it’s not easy to find the XPath expression and less to create a generic one without a live example.
- There is no ‘move‘ command. It’s available since deliverance 0.3 and Diazo forked at 0.2.
During the DIY part of the training some were asking how to make a theme with Bootstrap.js and Diazo. Deco’s toolbar theme is build with Bootstrap.js but it seems not to be doable from scratch only with the Diazo editor. Everyone finish his own theme in 2 hours for beginners and in 30 minutes for others.
At least, there was one trainee that fell to complicated to write the rules.xml file with all those XSLT tranforms.
I let the trainees add their feeling about it if I forgot something.